Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why me?


I've been feeling pretty crummy the past few days and was beginning to think I was a wimp for laying around so much. I made an appointment with my Dr. I left a little early for the appointment so Dylan could play at a park for a few minutes. We were at the park about 10 minutes, decided it was time to leave, headed for the car and the car key was gone! I had half of the key chain in my pocket but the important half, the one with the ignition key, was gone! The plastic key chain had broken in half! There are a lot of leaves on the ground right now which makes it very difficult to find a key that has fallen on the ground. This is when a cell phone would be very useful. I do have a cell phone. The funny thing is cell phones don't work when the battery is dead. The key did eventually surface but it was long past my appointment by now. Yes, I did borrow a phone and call my Doctor but now she can't see me until Wed afternoon. I am feeling to crummy to wait. So, to make a long story even longer, Dylan and I headed over to urgent care. It turns out that I am NOT a wimp. Diagnosis: strep throat, double ear infections and scarlet fever! What? Yes, Scarlet Fever. I thought people didn't get that anymore? Apparently, people do still get Scarlet Fever. It is a rash caused by Strep. I have no idea where I took in all of this bacteria. I now have meds and hope to be feeling better by tomorrow. The good news is that I've lost about 4 pounds from not feeling like eating. Hopefully the rest of the family will stay healthy.

2 comments:

  1. oh man! I can't believe that you have scarlet fever! Sounds awful - no wonder you were feeling crummy. Do you have a bad rash? Hope the meds kick in quickly and that you start feeling better soon! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWFUL Abby! You know us moms have to be stong and we are not known to be wimpy. Glad you went in! And hope you're feeling better soon so we can hang out for Halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete