Monday, October 18, 2010

Pinch me, please

A Yurt, girlfriends, fall colors, wine, brownies, dancing, fishing, mountain biking, sitting Shiva, more wine, and a VW bug. All ingredients for a fabulous weekend. I once saw a bumper sticker that said "My life is better than your vacation". A bit cheesy but sometime I do feel like I'm living a vacation.

Saturday afternoon I headed to Mancos State Park with my DW2 girlfriends for a fun night in a Yurt. We went for a nice hike around the lake, enjoyed the beautiful fall colors, drank wine, ate brownies, danced and slept until 8:00am! Sunday morning we had some delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pancakes. Yummy!

Beth, Heather, Erin and me sitting outside our yurt.

Fall colors at Jackson Reservoir.

Later Sunday morning Drew and the kids met me at the lake for some fishing. As usual we didn't catch anything but we still had a nice time. After fishing we headed to Phil's World for some Mountain Biking. The kids are both great on a bike but especially Dylan. I think he has found his 'thing'. Dylan amazes me on the single track trails.

Fishing at Jackson Reservoir.

Dylan trying to make fire.

Riding at Phil's World.

Phil's World.

After an already busy Sunday I went to my first book club meeting to discuss a book that I didn't finish. The book was 'This is where I leave you'. It was a really good book but I procrastinated and waited until the week before to even start reading. After the book club it was dark so I didn't want to walk home. I road home with my friend in her VW bug. Such a fun car!

This morning Dylan and I are eating birthday cake for breakfast and looking at a house that that is in desperate need of a cleaning. Seems like the more fun you have the messier the house.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend, Abby! So busy, but sounds great. Great photos and I love that Dylan has found a groove on mtn bike trails. I will try to find that book from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, I love your writing skills--always so clever.
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete