Saturday, April 30, 2011

Good Lessons

This morning Holli and I went with our 4-H club to help an elderly couple with yard work. We cleaned up the yard, planted flowers and picked weeds. This was a great way to spend the morning and I love that Holli is learning the importance of helping others. They had a herd of sheep that Holli just loved. The Ewe's are all about to have babies. The owner of the property, Earl, offered to give us a lamb when they're born. I would LOVE to have one and I wish we had the space for one. I think we'll have to settle for visiting them for now.


Baaa! The sheep were very talkative!


There were baby cows across the street. So cute!


Holli and Lu picking up trash.


Supervising the burn pile.

The couple was very appreciative of the work and fed us a nice hot dog lunch. Now we're off to Holli's soccer game and then dinner with friends. I love the weekends!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great life's lesson to learn. The sheep are so cute.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool experience and i LOVE the pic of baby cows. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete