Saturday, January 8, 2011

Good Reads

I've recently started to get back into reading. After having kids it was hard to find the time to sit down and read. At night I was too tired and during the day I was busy with the kids. Last fall I joined a neighborhood book club. This got me reading again and I love it. I also recently got a Kindle which I love. The Kindle makes it so easy to get new books without waiting. I also really like not having old books sitting around. There are a few books that I like to keep but for the most part I just don't like the clutter.

I wanted to share a couple of books that I really enjoyed. If anyone else has a book recommendation I would love to hear it.



City of Thieves is a great story that takes place during WWII. Not at all a boring history book (sorry, Dad). I don't think I would have ever picked this book on my own but it was chosen for book club and I loved it.



My Mom suggested the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series a few years ago but I just recently started reading them. I've been reading this series in between my book club books. I think there are 11 books in the series and I'm on number 4. These books are so fun! Precious Ramotswe is such a fun character and is always making me laugh.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. that's cool that you got a kindle. I'm so tempted to purchase one, but i really love passing books on/sharing with others. I'm with you on the no clutter. How do you like the Kindle?

    I've wanted to read that No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency as well. I will think of it at the bookstore next time.

    I recently finished the book thief and elegance of a hedgehog. Both were pretty good, but kind of tragic.

    Have you read the hunger games triology? it's young adult, but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Hunger Games but my Mom just did and loved it.

    I have the No. 1 ladies books if you want to borrow them.

    I totally agree about passing on books. That is the one downside with the Kindle. I think that Drew would like City of Thieves but I don't want to give up the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete