Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taste of the Animas

The season of festivals has begun. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Durango has a lot of festivals. I love it! This past weekend was the Taste of Durango which is one of my favorites. You can try food from restaurants that you have never been to or stick with your favorites. And what better way to arrive at the Taste of Durango than by raft?

When I was in high school my parents and I would come to Colorado every summer for some adventure. My favorite activity was always rafting. Now I get to live in a town that has a river flowing right through it! Wow! Some morning I wake up and can't believe out fortunate we are. And our kids? They'll never know any different.


Back to this weekend... Sunday morning we put in at 32nd St and rafted to 9th St. We "parked" the boat and enjoyed a couple hours at the Taste of Durango.


This was the Children's House booth at the Taste. They were helping kids plant seeds in a little container to take home. Dylan was so shy. He really wanted to do it but was scared. He finally worked up enough nerve to talk to her. She was so nice and helped him with his planting.


With full bellies we got back on the raft and headed down stream.


Going through Smelter. Poor Dylan did NOT like this part.

It was a great time and I look forward to many fun days on the river this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Beyond cool! I love it. I want to raft with you this summer - that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love festivals, too! What a great way to get to the festival via raft--life in Durango is great.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete