Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Souvenirs

We couldn't leave the San Juan without some Souvenirs. Lucky for us Holli was on top of it. We managed to make it home with no less than 100 Gypsy Moth Caterpillars. There was one accident with the bucket in the car on the way home but I think we retrieved all of the stray caterpillars. There was another accident Monday while Holli was at school and Oliver got quite a few of them. They are now resting safely in our Butterfly habitat. Holli has left me written instructions on how to care for the little guys while she is at school. I am to feed them 1 slice of orange in the morning, midday and after dinner. Not sure how well they'll fare with this cold spring weather we're having. We'll see what happens.



Caterpillars in transit


Holli with her caterpillars.


I'm starting to see a pattern... Holli with cicadas - 2009.

1 comment:

  1. That is great. I can't believe how many caterpillars that you took home. are they still alive?

    ReplyDelete