Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Celebrating Oma

My Oma passed away early this morning. She was 86 years old. She lived a full life... white water rafting when she was 70 and traveled to Hawaii and Alaska in her 80's. When she was younger she was a very talented seamstress. She made a Raggedy Ann doll that Holli now has and made lots of Barbie clothes that her Great Grandkids can still enjoy. We'll miss her but I'm happy she gets to be with Papa and Grandpa Joe again.

This photo was taken when we visited in March. I just could not get all 3 of them to look at the camera and smile at the same time!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Abby - I'm sorry to hear this. Hope your family is doing OK. Are you going back to KC for the services? Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joanie. We're fine. This was expected. I am not going to KC. She didn't want a service so they're not having one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that everyone is doing OK. Even when it's expected and the person lived a long, full life, it's still sad. I think your tribute here is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Oma. I enjoyed meeting her--we had some good conversations. Your Mom and Dad were very good to her and I know she enjoyed all of you so much. It was a good life.
    Love,
    Lynda and Bob

    ReplyDelete